I learned to tune at Newark and Sherwood College in Nottinghamshire, U.K. for 3 years, then moved to Bristol where I was based in a workshop and learnt more skills. After then I moved to Melbourne and have been working self employed for the last 17 years. I currently tune pianos for Schools, Universities, Churches, Concert halls and Private customers in Melbourne and parts of Victoria.
Training and Qualifications:
- City & Guilds (London)
- Stringed keyboard instrument manufacture, 1995-1998
- Newark Technical College Diploma, 1998
- Steinway Academy (Hamburg), 2012
- Steinway Australia Technician and Service training, 2018
- Attended various Master-Classes, presented by World renowned technicians.
- I have been tuning and repairing pianos since finishing school in 1995. Previously I had a musical background in singing, piano and bass guitar and still perform occasionally.
Years of experience:
- Piano tuning
- Repairs and Servicing
- Piano Restorations
- Player piano servicing and restoration